A Study in Merlot

Hail fellows, well met, greetings, salutations and thank you for attending this study in Merlot, a chronicle of man's passion for excellence, and a compendium of the finest epicurean pursuits in the history of history. As Oscar Wilde observed: "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." As I hope you shall see in these studies, Merlot is certainly not "most people" in Wilde's sense.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Fortune Reaches Out Again to Merlot

My Dear Eunice Kumallo,
I am Merlot.


I hope this letter finds you in good spirits.

Perhaps you've read my reviews in leading wine and food publications. I am perhaps the leading boxed wine critic in north America, and parts of Chile, if not the world. Nevertheless, your communication comes at an aspicious time for my associate and I, as we are launching a new venture, or adventure, if you will in boxed wine production, distribution, and retail sales. Our aim is simple: we shall be a fully intergrated boxed company, with outlets in ever major state of the American union.

We hope that you and your son will consider investing, not more than 10 million dollars to help us build it, as we are constrained by certain covinents with our bankers. I must disclose that we are currently in negotiations with 3 other African financiers for similarly structured transactions. We b elieve it is important to discloses these other offers in the interest of fair play.

We believe your would realize extraordinary returns, where you to invest your assets in our enterprise; however, we can not say for certain, for fear of running afoul of securities laws and regulation. Chalk it up to life's folly that we are sometimes constrained from saying what we mean when we can only say what we can.

Regards,
I remain,
Merlot


Private and ConfidentialFrom Mrs. Eunice KumalloAbidjan - Côte d'Ivoire

My dear,
It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I and my Son,intend to establish in your country.Though I have not met with you before but I believe, one has to risk confiding in someone to succeed sometimes in life.There is this amount of FIFTEEN Million US Dollars ($15.000.000.00) which my late Husband deposited with a security company in Abidjan Capital city of Cote d'Ivoire which he wanted to used for his political ambition in our Country before he was assassinated.

Now I and my son have decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside Africa for security and political reasons. We want you to help us claim and receive the consignment which will be sent to you through diplomatic means to your address to avoid any traces of the funds and to enable you plan for the investment in your Country:

I will like to invest part of the money into these three investment in your Country but, if there is any other business that is better than my suggestion, I will be very glad to follow your advice.

1). Real estate
2). The transport industry
3). Five star hotel

If you can be of an assistance to us we will be pleased to offer to you 20% Of the total fund while the balance will be invested by you. I await your soonest response.

Respectfully yours,
Mrs. Eunice Kumallo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home